Saturday, February 20, 2016

My Etsy Journey Part 3: Discovering Giclee

So it's been a great start to the weekend. I designed a fresh print for David Bowie, and I got an order the very next day from New York.

Happy Days :-)

The Giclee Prints look lovely, and that's anther discovery for me. I love Giclee. The light texture paper made of organic cotton rag. The archival inks that stay bright for years, unlike a digital prints which eventually fades over time.

And, for me it was the first time I actually got to 'sign' something. Actually I was instructed to :-)
It was a bit daunting. I was nervous, even googled on 'how to sign an art print'. Seriously didn't want to ruin a print with lousy handwriting. Practised it a hundred times with different pencils on all kinds of paper.

My Etsy experience has been pretty great so far. I will be sharing many more posts on my journey. Stay tuned. Meanwhile, here are some fresh Giclee prints.

www.eyeforlondonprints.etsy.com

David Bowie: The Tiger lives on...


Pink Floyd: A Bizarre collection of Curios

No comments:

Post a Comment