Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Design goes Barbie!

Delightfully-design-a-luscious-candy- licious! That's in a nutshell describing the "Barbie loves Johnathan Adler" collection- our very own Barbie's 50th birthday celebration. I remember getting my first Barbie doll, when I was in second grade maybe, and it was aptly titled 'My first Barbie'. A pretty Betty look alike, sporting a modest white frock and a pink ribbon. My First Barbie has grown to a lady and come a long way since then, hosting a big birthday bash at her very own pad in Malibu!


Designed by Johnathan Adler, one of the judges of the popular 'Top Design' Series, the Barbie Dream Home reflects her eclectic style, showcasing opulent pop-art colors and patterns.

The living room comes complete with a chandelier made from thirty blonde wigs, and whats super interesting is the original Andy Warhol portrait of Barbie herself, and tons of “happy chic” accessories that pay homage to all things Barbie.

This is her decadent bedroom with an amazing walk-in shoe closet that we would all just die for. And I'm in love with the mini vintage China cabinet, the black and white bold print wall paper. Very kitsch. As Jonathan states in his manifesto.. 'We believe minimalisim is a bummer!' I agree. There is beauty in mess and madness. Colors that clash

And for all the big time Barbie collectors out there, you can pick up select items for purchase as part of the “Jonathan Adler Loves Barbie” collection launching September 2009.

3 comments:

  1. WOW looks like its come right out of a fairy tale. It shouts pink from every corner and I LOVE IT. But I never owned a Barbie, I'm more the teddy bear types.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The PINK is hurting my braaiiiiiiin!!! ... But seriously ... Awesome lounge and bedroom designs :) ... i still dont like my pink track pants though!! ... nu-uh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is awesome.. But cant beat the barbie set. But great imagination and awesome imitation. I love barbie a lot.

    ReplyDelete