Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Loose Ends

I had heard and read a lot about this accessory shop in Bandra called 'Loose Ends', and been looking forward to making this trip for a while now. We set out on a wet Sunday afternoon, and after around twenty minutes of driving up and down looking for 'BEAS society' mentioned in the address, frustrated when our google map on the iphone that totally led us to the wrong place. But nevertheless, we found it, tucked away at the end of a narrow street, in a dilapidated garage.

I expected the shop to be a lot bigger but it was sweet and tiny, and they did have a delightful range of home accessories. I particularly loved the smaller things like matchboxes with kitschy indian pop designs, the plastic handbags, and wall clocks. Our new house was in desperate need of a clock, so we got a neat vintage looking one for the study. Along with it I picked up a tiny graphic- print handbag, just like that.



I'm a huge fan of the 'Happily Unmarried' range of products and I was delighted to see the whole stock. I have them all, the Gabbar shot glasses, the sardarji lassi tumbler, the wine bottle lamp, and now I have the tea- coffee- sugar tin box set to add to the collection. Winding up our trip nicely in time to get back home for some nice hot chai!



Hey I almost forgot about the fridge magnet we picked up. It reads 'I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem'

2 comments:

  1. Hopped over from thekeybunch. I love this store and the happily unmarried range too! Oh, and your home looks so gorgeous - its difficult to do up Mumbai homes as they are very small - and you did it without any professional help!! Wow..

    ReplyDelete